Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Leader's POV

**Written on June 29 - internet connection failed when we tried to post! Thanks for your patience!**

Writing to you this evening are 5 of the 10 leaders. It's 11pm and we are TIRED. We love your kids, but by the end of the day each one of us falls gratefully into bed ready for 7 hours of slumber before spending another day with your perfect holy children.

Branden Hendrix, trip speaker, has this to tell you:
"I am excited to see God at work through devotionals, worship, talks and small groups. But more than anything I am excited to hear about kids opening up their lives to Christ and looking at what they need to change when they get home to continue having a strong relationship with God. God is definitely moving here."

John Dilworth says, "I am amazed and impressed at the skill level and dedication of the students. I am also really enjoying the small group discussions we are having and how much the kids are opening up."

Stacy Geyer adds, "I am amazed at how much pride the kids take in doing a really good job. And they do a really good job! The kids really care about wanting it to look just right. It's cool! And of course there has to be laughter in the house... so it’s a good thing I am there!"

Kenneth Hubbell, intern extraordinaire, wants you to know this:
"I am thrilled about the genuine relationships made with each other and I am hopeful that these relationships will carry on into the next year, providing a strong foundation of faith and perseverance for the future."

These leaders are reporting the truth to you! Students are really growing in their faith and working hard at the sites! They are tired every night and fall into bed, usually. It has been a wonderful week so far. I am so glad that we decided to come to NOLA one more time. I can't wait for you to hear about it from your kiddos on Saturday, and I cannot wait to go back to the site in the morning! Peace to all of you back home,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment