Thursday, July 1, 2010

Senior Thoughts

Today is July 1st. My best friends birthday, and the 4th work day here in NOLA. I am doing drywall. Sanding, mudding, sponging, sweeping, and odd jobs. This is my first, last, and only year to be here in Nawlins with Marine View. I am very regretful that I didn't go before but I am using this chance to its full potential. This is an amazing experience. The people here are amazing, they are all thankful, all friendly, and all have a story to tell. On Tuesday we found a stray pit bull, I named him Sniffles, then Geoff Stowe and I found him a home. Today Tank, the pit bull at our work site, got loose and I had to chase him down, catch him, and use my bandanna as a leash. It was exhausting.

Everyday there is something special that happens, normal insignificant things that seem extraordinary here. I have felt closer to God, closer to the team, and closer to the real me, ever since standing in that airport at 6 am. Time here goes by really strange, sometimes it feels like we have been here forever, other times it feels like its only been a few hours.

The food here is great, I'm more full than I can remember, and after a few hours the weather doesn't really bother you. On Monday it started pouring down rain, it was like a mini monsoon, but it was still warm, it was great.

I honestly feel like we are one big family, we are living together, eating together, sleeping and sharing and conversing together, its a wonderful experience.

I really didn't plan any of this, I just typed what I thought, but I have to go, its almost worship time, and Dave Martin, the birthday boy, is going to dance, ha ha.

I love you Mom, Dad, and Kayla.

Post written by Josh Adrian

2 comments:

  1. Josh! What a beautifully written post. Almost brought tears to my eyes. I can feel your sincerity from here. I'm so excited for you... that you have gotten this experience and hope that the spiritual high lasts a long time. Happy Birthday to DAVE!!! (Oh, and pass along a hello and a hug to Kate!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome, Josh! We knew this would be a life-changing experience for you. We are so glad you were able to be a part of this. We can't wait for you to get home and tell us all about it! Tell Dave happy birthday, and we'll see you soon!
    Love, Mom and Dad

    I'm so happy you are having a great time! I've missed you though. Every time we turn around the corner onto our street, I see your car and think, Josh is home, but you're not. :-( I'll see you soon! I love you too! Please tell Dave Happy 18th Birthday! And tell Darian and Roslyn hi for me!

    Love,
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete