Friday, June 25, 2010

Soon, So Soon

It is Friday evening on July 25 and I am sitting in my office at MVPC just about ready to walk out the door prepared for New Orleans. Today has flown by. I thought I would just stop in the office for an hour or two, but I have been here for 6 hours. That is what planning this trip has been like this year. I suppose it is to be expected when you are taking a team of 70 people 2,000 miles away from home for 9 days.

Every time I see that number - 70 - I shake my head in wonder. After our team of 50 in 2009, I thought the team might grow in 2010, but not to extent that it has. The wonderful part of having a team this big is how much of an impact we will be able to have, both in NOLA and here at home. When I tell people I am taking 60 teenagers on a mission trip, they are usually flabbergasted. They had no idea that many kids would want to take time in the summer to help others in need. But I am not surprised. This generation of teenagers is just like that.

As adults, we need to sit up and take notice of how awesome this generation is! They are bright young adults ready to take on the world with a attitude of fierce courage. They really believe that if they set their minds to it, they can accomplish anything. Imagine how wonderful it will be to watch them in action in New Orleans! Honestly, I can't wait!

In the next ten days or so, the team will post a lot on this blog! We will share with you how our trip is going, the stories from the work sites, how God is at work in our midst, and more. I hope you will check in frequently. It's going to be an amazing ride!

Peace to You,
Hannah (Youth Director)

No comments:

Post a Comment